This recipe for Swedish beet soup is perfect for fall. Ginger and lemon works really well with the sweet and earthy taste of beets. I dare to say that it is the best beet soup I have tasted! For you that have already tried recipes from this site you know that I only upload recipes that are truelly great 🙂
Recipe: Swedish beet soup
- 6 beets
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 600 ml water
- 2 cubes bouillon
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- black pepper
- sour cream
- Peel and cube the beets
- Finely chop the onion and fry with butter, beets and minced garlic until translucent
- Add grated ginger. Best tips is to peel garlic and then keep it in the freezer until needed. So much easier to grate it using a microplane or similar.
- Add water and bouillon and let it simmer under a lid for 20 min
- Here you can either mix the soup to get it smooth or just leave all the pieces for contrasting texture.
- Add the zest of a small lemon and the juice of it or around 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Serve with sour creme and some bread
More traditional Swedish recipes from IngredientMatcher here >>>
Check out our other weeknight recipes here
Curious to find a solution to the ever present question on what should we eat for dinner?
There’s now an app that shows you recipes you can make with the ingredients you have at home. It just happens to be called IngredientMatcher and you can sign up for early access to IngredientMatcher here