I have a weakness for gnocchi dishes and here’s the most recent recipe that turned out great. The inspiration comes from the food blog Salt & Lavender. Even though it is not a vegetarian recipe again, it is certainly a perfect weeknight dinner done in 30 min!
Please note that the end result of your dish following this recipe will depend quite a lot on the quality and taste of the sausages you use!
Recipe: Gnocchi and sausage in creamy tomato sauce
- 300 g sausage use what you like here, but the end result will depend quite a lot to the quality and taste of the sausages you use!
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100 ml red wine
- 500 g crushed tomatoes
- 250 ml cream
- 450 g gnocchi
- 125 ml Parmesan cheese grated
- basil fresh
- salt & pepper
- Cut the sausage in half rounds and chop the onion
- Sauté the sausage and onion until lightly browned. Should be around 5-10 min on medium-high heat
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan. Sauté for 1 min while stirring
- Add the wine and let it cook for another minute
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream and gnocchi. When it starts to bubble again, then lower the temperature to medium and put a lid on it. Cook for 5 min
- Remove lid, stir and test if the gnocchi is ready, otherwise cook a few more minutes
- Grate the parmesan cheese and add together with basil, salt and pepper