Friday evenings in Sweden are now tightly related to “Tacofredag” (Taco Friday) & “Fredagsmys” (Friday cosiness). Taco Friday isn’t so hard to figure out what it means, right 🙂 Yeah, it is one of the more common Friday dinner meals in Sweden.
In Sweden, taco used to mean those hard-shell / crispy taco. But nowadays the soft tortilla are also quite common.
Even though you can vary your taco depending on the content it gets a bit boring to eat it every Friday 😉
I bet you haven’t tried eating tacos in the form of a cake!? Try it out next Friday 🙂
- 1 onion
- 200 ml red lentils
- 1 bag taco spices
- 500 g crushed tomatoes
- 200 ml water
- 8 tortillas 1 package
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can corn
- 1 package black beans
- cheese shredded
- 1 can taco sauce
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- Peel and chop the onion. Then fry for a couple of minutes
- Add lentils and taco spices. Fry a few more minutes
- Add crushed tomatoes and water. Let it simmer for 10 min. Heat up the oven to 225°C (437°F)
- Cut the bell pepper in smaller pieces
- Take a spring form and place a tortilla bread in the bottom.
- Spread a thin layer of lentil mix, then some cheese and your choice between corn, beans or bell pepper
- Continue with another tortilla, lentil mix, cheese and your choice between corn, beans or bell pepper. Continue until you end up with an empty tortilla bread on top.
- Pour the taco sauce over it, then spoon up the crème fraiche and stir around. Finish with a layer of cheese before you bake the cake for 15 min