Asparagus season is about to end and there are some good deals on fresh asparagus in the stores. With some prepared puff pastry in the fridge it quickly became apparent that I should make an asparagus puff pastry tart. Add bacon and cheese to that and we had a winner 🙂
Recipe: Asparagus puff pastry tart with bacon and cheese
- 1 package puff pastry 250 g
- 140 g bacon around 8 slices
- 250 g asparagus
- 50 g cheddar
- 25 g parmesan
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Take an oven pan and line it with parchment paper before placing the puff pastry on it. Depending on the length of the asparagus you might need to roll out the dough slightly more.
- Perforate the dough with a fork and bake in the oven for 15 min
- Chop the bacon and fry it
- Cut away the lower harder part of the asparagus
- Grate the cheese
- Take the puff pastry out of the oven and spread the cheddar cheese over it, then bacon, asparagus and finally the parmesan cheese and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for another 20 min
Creamy blue cheese gnocchi with asparagus and peas is another recipe favourite
Curious to find a solution to the ever present question on what should we eat for dinner?
There’s now an app that shows you recipes you can make with the ingredients you have at home. It just happens to be called IngredientMatcher and you can sign up for early access to IngredientMatcher here