This time it was asparagus and the recipe also included lemon, cream, tagliatelle and parmesan. Just reading the ingredients makes me hungry and the final outcome of this asparagus lemon pasta was so good it will definitely be a go to recipe for when I have asparagus at hand.
The original recipe is from a Swedish online magazine and also included parsley and shrimps.
Asparagus and lemon pasta
- 500 g fresh tagliatelle
- 400 g asparagus
- 300 ml cream
- 50 g butter
- 1 lemon zest from all but juice from half
- 50 g parmesan
- salt and black pepper
- Heat up water and some salt in a pot
- Cut away the hard root end of the asparagus and throw it away. Divide the remaining part in 3. Put the buds aside and divide the remaining pieces lengthwise.
- Take another pot for the pasta and heat up water with some salt.
- Boil the asparagus on low heat for 2 min. Drain in a colander and let it stand
- Dry the pot and add butter and cream. Heat up while stirring and let it simmer for 5 min. Start cooking the pasta so it gets ready at the same time.
- Wash the lemon and then zest it, add it and the juice of half the lemon to the sauce. Stir it together with the pasta then carefully add the asparagus.
- Grate the parmesan over just before serving together with salt and pepper
If you like asparagus then check out Creamy blue cheese gnocchi with asparagus and peas and Asparagus puff pastry tart with bacon and cheese