I just love gnocchi with creamy blue cheese sauce, and this is my best recipe for it including delicious crisp asparagus and peas for a complete weeknight meal. You can switch blue cheese for gorgonzola or some other delicious cheese. You could of course do the gnocchi yourself but then it would not be a fast dinner on a weeknight, instead I use ready made gnocchi which cuts the time for this recipe to below 30 min! Just don’t forget the parmesan as I did in the picture 😉
Recipe: Creamy blue cheese gnocchi with asparagus and peas
- 500 g gnocchi 1 pound
- olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 300 g fresh asparagus 2½ cup when cut
- 300 ml cream 1 cup
- 125 g blue cheese 5 oz
- 250 ml frozen grean peas 1 cup
- Finely dice the shallots, cut the asparagus in roughly the same size as the gnocchi.
- Heat up a pan with som olive oil and sauté the shallots until translucent over medium-high heat
- Add the asparagus and cook for around 5 min, season with salt and pepper then transfer everything to a separate bowl for later use
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Pour the cream into the pan along with crumbled blue cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low
- Cook the gnocchi according to package (usually just a few minutes). Add the peas to the pan with the sauce.
- Drain the gnocchi once they are ready and add to the creamy sauce. Mix until everything is coated then add the asparagus and shallots and toss to combine.
- Let the pan heat up everything then serve hot with shaved or shredded parmesan on top
Curious to find a solution to the ever present question on what should we eat for dinner?
There’s now an app that shows you recipes you can make with the ingredients you have at home. It just happens to be called IngredientMatcher and you can sign up for early access to IngredientMatcher here