“Korv stroganoff” (sausage stroganoff) is a classic dish in Sweden and usually made with the Falun sausage instead of beef as in the classic beef stroganoff. However if you want a vegetarian dish then halloumi cheese is an excellent replacement. Fortunately it is equally popular with our kids so here’s another great weeknight dinner recipe to add to your favorites!
Here you can find this recipe in swedish.
Recipe: Halloumi stroganoff
- 400 g halloumi
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprica powder
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 250 ml cream
- black pepper
black beans marinated in lemon (optional)
- 380 g black beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp tabasco or other chili paste
- ½ tsp salt
- Chop onion and peel the garlic. Chop the bell pepper in cubes
- Cut the halloumi in rather big squares
- Start boiling the rice
- Heat up a frying pan with some oil, then fry the halloumi until they reach a nice color on at least two sides. A tip is to pour away the liquid that forms in the beginning, otherwise it will take longer to finish frying
- Remove the halloumi from the pan and leave for later use.
- Add another tbsp of oil and fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper for 2-3 min until onion has softened
- Add tomato paste and spices, let it fry another minute
- Add the halloumi, crushed tomatoes and the cream
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 15 min
- Serve with rice and the marinated black beans
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply