If you have a garden with rhubarbs growing, then you have to make this lemonade! So delicious and refreshing.
Recipe: Rhubarb lemonade
- 500 g rhubarb
- 1 liter water
- 200 g raw sugar
- 500 ml water
- 2 lemons
- ice cubes or frozen pieces of rhubarb
- Cut away the ends of the rhubarb and then wash them
- Use a mandoline or similar to quickly slice the rhubarb into smaller pieces
- Place rhubarb together with water and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour the rhubarb mixture through a fine sieve, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Let the liquid cool. Don't discard the rhubarb leftovers since it is really delicious to eat as it is or with some ice cream!
- Mix rhubarb liquid with 500 ml cold water and the liquid of 2 lemons
- Serve with ice cubes or even better with frozen pieces of rhubarb