I have a weird fascination for traditional recipes from different countries if you haven’t noticed. When I made the list of Christmas dishes around the world, I found that flan de coco was a typical dish in Mexico and in other Latin American countries. It sure is worth doing and not just during Christmas!
Here you can find this recipe in swedish.
Recipe: Flan de coco
- 5 eggs
- 1 can condensed milk 400 g
- 1 can coconut milk 400 g
- 250 g sugar
- 5 drops lime juice
- 5 drops water
- coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with the condensed milk and coconut milk, set aside
- Heat up a frying pan to medium heat, pour the sugar in it and then the lime juice and water
- Move the pan around until the sugar is totally melted and a deep golden color
- Pour the caramel into a glass mold and cover all its surface
- Once the sugar settles and dries in the mold you can add the milk and egg mixture
- Set up a water bath by placing the mold inside another mold that will cover up to 3/4 of the sides of the inner mold
- Leave it in the oven for 45 minutes
- Verify that it is done by sliding a knife in between the flan and the mold. If it slides out clean then it is done!
- Once the mold has cooled, separate the flan from the sides of the mold with a knife
- Let it cool in the freezer
- Flip the cold flan onto a serving plate and decorate with coconut flakes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Check out some of our other sweet recipes Spara
Leave a Reply