This rhubarb cinnamon jam is a real favorite at our home. We rarely buy any jam or marmelade since we make so much jam each year from the rhubarb growing in our garden.
With only 3 ingredients it is difficult to mess this up :). Rhubarb + cinnamon + gelling sugar (also known as Jelly sugar or Jam sugar, in Swedish “syltsocker”).
Rhubarb jam with cinnamon
- 1 kg gelling sugar
- 2 kg rhubarb
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp cinnamon or adjust amount to your own liking
- Wash rhubarb and cut in slices
- Place rhubarb slices in a big pot and add water, bring to a boil and let it simmer on medium-low heat until rhubarb have softened (should take max 10 min)
- Take a hand mixer and make a smooth rhubarb mixture (if you prefer the jam with pieces then you can skip this step)
- Pour in the sugar while stirring, keep stirring until it has dissolved
- Add cinnamon to your liking, stir and let it boil until you get the thickness you want. 15 minutes is what we usually end up with
- Sterilize cans and then fill them up with the jam. Let it cool and enjoy your 3 cans of homemade delicious rhubarb jam with cinnamon!
Here are some other recipes using Rhubarb: